21/10/2012

When not to fly.

After stomping around Knockagh (the only site I can see from my house) watching Ian C. and Dave fly I soon realised I would not be joining them. When Ian took off I was convinced I would be jumping in the car to retrieve him from the bottom landing field. I saw him disappear behind the vertical cliff face trying to make the most of the lift. I moved around to try to watch his landing only to find that he had made it up above cliffs and was now flying on the edge of the cloud that was forming just as they cleared the cliff face. I didn't fancy that much. A short while later Ian landed and we were joined by Dave. Both Dave and Ian flew again but I was content with waiting for a better day.

Ian C. with the Knockagh monument in the foreground
We were joined by Michael and after I a while Michael and I decided that a trip of 11 miles to Big Collin was a better option so we headed there for what amounted (at least for me) to a bit of ground handling.


No comments:

Post a Comment