31/10/2012

Halloween at Dungiven

I hadn't even been looking at the weather today when I glanced out of the window and thought to myself it must be flyable somewhere. I checked the club mailing list and sure enough a couple of members were making their way to Dungiven. So I quickly got kit and myself together and drove the 50 odd miles (who am I kidding I know it is exactly 52 miles). I arrived in time to see Colin take off and by the time I had driven to the top of the hill it looked like Dave was about to take off. Dave is the UHPC Chief coach and so is in the know. I ran down the hill to see what he thought of the conditions and as far as he was concerned there was nothing to worry about except it might be a wee bit light.

I was a wee bit worried about the lack of wind as I don't like landing at the bottom simply because someone has to stop what they are doing to drive down and collect you. First couple of flights were easy enough and resulted in top landings. Third flight was a disappointing top to bottom, followed by a top landing, and then another top to bottom.



I had five flights today and managed to clock up over an hours airtime. Not too bad considering I woke this morning without the faintest hope of flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment