04/08/2012

A hard won top to bottom

Having negotiated the car for the day I wasted no time in setting out to Robin Youngs hill only to find the wind was too strong and the cloud sitting about half way up the cliffs and the wind slightly too strong. I then drove to Slieve Gallion which where the wind was too strong, then drove back to Robin Young's to find boarderline conditions (wind on the light side and direction was not directly on the hill). However there were a n abundance of RC pilots flying their aircraft and I met a Pilot I have flown with before also checking out the conditions. After a quick chat it seems we are both willing to climb up and see what conditions where like on the top of the hill.

When the wind was registering it was about 7mph and sometimes as high as 9, but it was fairly inconsistent. I made sure that the other pilot flew off first, he struggled looking for life and eventually went and landed behind the RC glider guys.

I took off and had much the same problem, so I used what little lift I could to eke out my flight ending in a slightly delayed top to bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment