26/08/2012

busy day

Today was a desperate attempt to get some flying in because it had been so long since there has been any and because the weather looks crap for the next few days. Initially I was going to drive to White mountain which is just over 50 miles from home but decided that the conditions were to come around to Big Collin in the afternoon which is only 12 miles away.

I ventured out to find the hill already scattered with pilots, climbed up to join in the piss taking, check my kit and eventually the wind started to come around.

There wasn't much in the way of wind for a while then everyone took turns in taking off, flying for a short while, slope landing then climbing back up to repeat.

Eventually the wind did come up and my last flight I had to fly right away from the hill to get out of the lift and land.

I got six flights in total, all unfortunately were only a few minutes in length. I was once again reminded that climbing back up hills in the sun can be warm tiring work. If I were doing it everyday then I would be as fit as a fiddle.




No comments:

Post a Comment