04/08/2011

The crazy training wing

We were concentrating on accurate landings today at Big Collin Mountain. I got 2 flights in, one from most of the way up the hill which I managed to land within acceptable range of the wind sock, the second from the top which I landed a little further than I would have wanted from the sock.

The wind got a little gusty and my instructor decided that we would do some ground handling while we were waiting to see if the wind smoothed out. He produced a training wing, which compared to the monsters used to lift my bulk off the ground was very small. The problem with smaller wings appears to be they are less forgiving. If you don't give it the correct input very quickly, it will be back on the ground. I managed to wear it a few times. It also ended up on the instructor at least once, good job he has a sense of humour.
The above clip was taken while dodging (and sometimes not dodging) huge fresh cow pats... it sounds like an excuse and it probably is as well as a fact.


Today was a landmark as I bought my first wing, a Ozone Electron in Royal blue and red. I need to remember to take a photograph of it when it isn't in its bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment