24/04/2014

Mullaghdoo, a new site.

Today a last minute decision to go out with the clubs Cross Country hounds got me an introduction to a new site called Mullaghdoo. It is a mountain in the middle of the Sperrin Mountains.

Active "Simpson's" sky


I spent most of the day simply trying to stay off the ground while two of the other four pilots managed to get away from the hill, one of which ended up with landing in Buncrana in County Donegal.

I am quite proud of the fact that I didn't give up at any point today. I did wait until I saw all the more experienced pilots take off today but there was good reason as at the start of the flying the conditions were very thermic and the big boys were being knocked about. I took off after I realised things had calmed a little. Even when I was on the ground I didn't really fart about, I got straight back in the air as soon as possible.

A video of my day.

Things I (re-)leanrt today:

  • I need a flight deck.
  • I need a new wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment