03/03/2013

Knockagh

Today I flew at the site we refer to as Knockagh. It is a cliff site located near Greenisland and is easily recognised by the Konckagh Monument war memorial that is over 100 feet tall that is at the car park  The site does have several hazards such as power lines and an abundance of trees which means the bottom landing option can be quite tight. As it is a cliff face it seems to allow soaring in quite light winds. The most important feature of this site to me is that is only a few miles from where I live and I can see if anyone is flying it without leaving the house.
Dave takes off over the gorse
The take off field is very restrictive with large gorse bushes just in front and a line of trees right behind which doesn't leave much room for mistakes in ground handling. I almost didn't manage to get the wing above my head on the first go due to the wind being so light. As soon as the wing was up I had a bit of a run,  dodged a couple of gorse bushes and I was away to join the other four pilots that were already in the air.

During the flight I noticed what looked like the wife's car driving away from the car park. I wondered if the family had been up to wave at me.

After about 50 minutes flying and after all the other pilots had landed I made what I though was an excellent landing in the designated top landing field. Unfortunately the battery had gone on the Go Pro about 10 minutes earlier so it is missing from the below video.


No comments:

Post a Comment