22/09/2012

Big Collin and a opportunity missed

Another tiring day at Big Collin mountain today. Once I got my chores out of the way (mostly running children back and forth in the car) I got to BC just before 1 pm. There were already a load of other pilots there and I joined them in a tiring afternoon of running up and down the hill. The wind was off to the west and was coming and going which was why staying up was so hard.

Gary and Bertie at a wonky angle.
After a few hours I found myself on the top of the hill by myself, so while there were people still on site I took off , bottom landed a few minutes later then packed up. This was a mistake because I found out later that a few pilots stayed behind after most had left and they got about 2 hours in the air as the wind came around to the south to produce better conditions. I'll just have to be more patient in future. Still I got my feet off the ground and looking back to 6 months ago when I first got CP things have improved immensely because take off is considerably less nerve racking.

No comments:

Post a Comment