20/05/2012

Up and down days

Some days you feel better than others.

Having been disappointed yesterday with a wasted trip because of strong winds at Robin Young's hill yesterday I waited until the afternoon and headed out to Big Collin mountain. I arrived to find several gliders laid out on the hill.

I climbed to the top of the hill and had a quick flight which ended in a slope landing I climbed back to the top and I wasn't really interested in taking off again. It was strange that I had spent all week looking out of the window and now I was on a hill with glider at the ready I wasn't that keen to launch. Other pilots were encouraging me to take off but I wasn't for moving. After a while I decided that it is a bit of a waste to stand around and I got back into things and finished the day with four flights in total. Unfortunately all flights were either short top to bottoms or slope landings.

No comments:

Post a Comment