13/07/2011

Completed EP tasks at Big Collin Mountain


In order to take my Elementary Pilot examination I needed to complete 3 successful flight plans, I already had one in the bag from Dungiven.

It was physically harder than thought, mainly because my flying has improved to the point that I am launching from the top of the hill at Big Collin mountain (nearly 200 feet above take off). As I am still doing top to bottom flights I have to gather up the rather heavy and awkward paraglider and walk back up to have another go. This leaves me with a need for at least a 5 minute breather at the top before I do anything constructive.

I managed to pull off 2 takeoff and landings that qualified for my last outstanding task. My instructor said I was ready for my exam, so the date was set for the following day, and maybe some flying as well if the weather was kind. So I went home, ran through a few subjects for revision and crossed my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment