20/06/2011

Wasted opportunity

I wasn't sure about the weather. I looked out of the window and on the weather sites and it looked like a maybe. Towards the end my day at work I sent a SMS message to see if my instructor was out and training but received no reply (this is common because if you are traipsing around a field you may not hear the phone and if you are already flying you definitely don't reply to a SMS).

When I finished work I thought I would go and potter around the garden for a bit doubtful that there would be any training now and if there was my instructor could always ring me or text me. Well he did call, several times but my phone wasn't in my pocket where I thought it was,  I had left my phone on my office desk, so I didn't hear it ringing it's little heart out.

By the time I had realised I was without phone, found it, cursed and rang the instructor back he was nearly home. I apologised and he explained that conditions were smooth light wind blowing onto the long slope facing the huge landing area. He also mentioned the phrases "perfect for you" and "I'll send the fire brigade out for you next time."

It is difficult to explain how frustrating this was without resorting to expletives, I just hope the memory of this wasted opportunity will make me ensure my phone is with me in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment